Top 12 Best Credit Cards of 2023
The best way to get the most out of a credit card is to choose one that fits your spending patterns and personal preferences. Yet, with several credit card alternatives, making a final decision might be challenging. We’ve compiled a list of the finest shopping, travel, gasoline, rewards, cash-back, and premium-feature credit cards in India, as well as the top 12 credit cards offered by various card issuers. Some of the finest credit cards currently available in India are listed here. In order to assist you choose the finest credit card in India, we have divided the information below into many sections.
Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards Card
If you have a steady income, this is the perfect credit card for you (Government or private). This credit card does not charge any annual or application fees.
It’s the greatest credit card for those applying for a credit card for the first time, and the best credit card overall.
If you’re interested in upgrading to the more luxurious Standard Chartered Manhattan Credit Card, you may do so at any time. Nonetheless, your credit history and income will be reviewed before granting the upgrade.
Standard Chartered’s Platinum Rewards Card has many advantages.
- You’ll get 1,000 bonus points after making a purchase within 60 days.
- When you spend Rs 150 on petrol and food, you’ll earn 5 reward points.
- Spending in any other category will earn you one time the normal number of reward points.
- Get a discount of 20% on all Uber trips.
- You may get an extra 500 points just by signing up for online banking.
- Many coupons and deals for various retail, food, transportation, and other establishments.
Axis Bank Insta Credit Card
Suppose you have a fixed deposit with a participating Indian bank. In that case, you may qualify for this, one of India’s greatest credit cards, regardless of your credit history. In reality, this method makes obtaining a credit card a breeze.
Insta Credit Card from Axis Bank has many advantages.
- Every time you purchase on our website, you’ll get 100 points.
- Fuel purchases between Rs. 400 and Rs. 4000 are exempt from the 2.5% service charge.
- The Rs. 500 membership fee is refundable if Rs. 5,000 is spent within 45 days of joining.
- As a person accumulates enough points, they can exchange them for prizes (mentioned in their catalog)
Citibank Cashback Credit Card
With this credit card, you may get cash back and other incentives with every purchase. It’s great for those in the workforce since it helps them save a lot of money.
Citi Cashback Credit Card Perks
- The maximum amount paid without inputting the PIN is $2,000.
- Utilities such as cell phone, power, and cinema expenses qualify for 5% cash back with this card.
- These rebate points can be used monthly to lower your bill.
ICICI Instant Platinum Card
The ICICI Quick Platinum Credit Card is a good option if you have a low credit score. Students, the unemployed, and stay-at-home moms will benefit the most.
It’s simple to receive this credit card against a set deposit if you already have an ICICI bank savings account.
This top credit card has no yearly maintenance charge. Remember that the likelihood of acceptance is low if you still need to get a fixed deposit with the bank.
ICICI Instant Platinum Card Perks
- For every Rs 100 you spend, you’ll get 2 PAYBACK Points.
- With their Culinary Treats program, you may save at least 15% off your bill at any one of 800 participating eateries.
- You may save Rs 100 on up to two tickets every month at bookmyshow.com.
- A 2.5% fuel price waiver is available at HPCL pumps with a minimum transaction of Rs 4000.
- Benefit from low-interest credit cards charging just 2.49 percent monthly and fixed-rate savings accounts that pay interest.
SBI Student Plus Advantage Card
This card is unique since it was created only for people who have used the SBI Education Loan. You’ll need a fixed deposit at the bank in order to use this card.
This card may be used at more than 24 million locations worldwide, including India.
The Perks of the SBI Advantage Card Plus for Students
- Every purchase (above 100) will earn you one reward point, which can be used for a 1 percent discount on your outstanding amount.
- If you fill up between 500 and 3000 liters at any petrol station in India, you’ll get a 2.5 percent discount.
- You may also use this card to pay your utility bills and receive 10 percent more reward points.
Standard Chartered Manhattan Credit Card
There is a refundable yearly charge of Rs 999. This credit card’s best feature is a 5% cash rebate on grocery purchases. It is ideal for salaried individuals whose annual outlays are between Rs. 1,000,000 and Rs. 2,000,000.
Supermarkets like Big Bazaar, More, Spencer’s, etc. are not featured, but other grocery stores are. Those who buy online and at grocery stores frequently and would like to reduce their monthly spending might consider doing so.
Credit Card Perks You Get With a Standard Chartered Account in Manhattan
- 5 percent rebate on grocery and department shop purchases (Up to Rs 500 per month).
- All other purchases earned triple reward points.
- A variety of deals on hotels and businesses catering to various lifestyles.
- Get a discount of 20% on all Uber trips.
SBI Simply Click Credit Card
Online shoppers with a steady income will get the most out of this.
Those with a salary account at SBI are more likely to get approved for a credit card. To get approved for this credit card, you need to have an excellent credit history score.
If you charge more than Rs 1,00,000 on your card each year, the yearly fee of Rs 499 will be refunded.
Customers who prefer to purchase online will like that they have formed partnerships with other online retailers.
Gains from SBI Pay with a Single Mouse Click
- You’ll get a Rs 500 Amazon.in a gift card as a welcome gift when you sign up.
- Rewards points are multiplied by a factor of 10 whenever you shop at Amazon, Cleartrip, Foodpanda, Lenskart, Bookmyshow, or UrbanClap online.
- You may earn five times as many points on any other online store.
- With an annual online purchase of Rs 1 lakh, you will receive a Rs 2,000 Cleartrip e-voucher.
- A 1% fuel fee is not applied to purchases between Rs 500 and Rs 3000.
Citibank Cashback Credit Card
If you frequently buy things online and reserve tickets in advance, this is a great credit card for you.
The Citibank Cashback Credit Card has an annual fee of 500 Indian Rupees. You’ll need an impeccable credit score to qualify for this credit card.
Citibank Cashback has several advantages.
- Movie ticket purchases made with a credit card earn a 5% rebate.
- There is a 5% rebate on phone bill payments.
- You may get 5% cash back when you pay your utility bills online with Citibank Online Bill Pay.
- All other purchases get a 5% cashback.
- Gift cards to your favorite restaurants and stores
Indian Oil Titanium Citibank Credit Card
This is the finest credit card for someone who drives to work daily or fills up their petrol tank twice a month.
Getting your gas tank filled at one of the IndianOil outlets is beneficial in many ways.
This credit card has no annual fee as long as you spend at least Rs 30,000 every year; else, you’ll be charged Rs 1,000.
The perks of Titanium in Indian Oil Bank of Citi Credit Card
- With every Rs 150 you spend on petrol at an Indian Oil pump, you’ll get 4 Turbo Points. (One rupee is equivalent to one Turbo point.)
- You’ll get 2 turbo points for every Rs 150 spent on food and household goods at the store. (Recognized grocery store list)
- One Turbo point may be earned for every Rs 150 spent on retail, food, and drink.
- The entire fuel fee will not be applied to any gasoline purchases.
HDFC Platinum Plus Credit Card
Like the Indian Oil Credit Card from HDFC, you may redeem your reward points for substantial savings on petrol purchases.
In addition, there is no annual cost, and you may add up to three more cards to the account for other family members (spouses, minor children, parents, etc.).
HDFC Platinum Plus Credit Card Perks
- You will get 2 points for every Rs 150 you spend.
- If you notice the loss of your card to the bank within 24 hours, you won’t be responsible for any charges made on the lost card.
- The 2.75% fuel fee will not be applied.
- From the date of purchase, you have up to 50 days to use the money without paying any interest.
HDFC Diners Club Black Credit Card
- Primary and additional HDFC Diners Club Black credit card cardholders get unrestricted, free airport lounge access at more than 1,000 locations worldwide.
- Club Marriott, Forbes, Amazon Prime, Dineout Passport, MMT BLACK, and Times Prime all provide free yearly subscriptions to Times Prime subscribers.
EazyDiner Indusind Bank Credit Card
- A new credit card with premium dining perks has been introduced by IndusInd Bank in collaboration with EazyDiner.
- Using the EazyDiner app, for every dollar you spend on food, you’ll receive 10 reward points.
- Also included is a free trial subscription to the dining discount and bargain site EazyDiner Prime.
Using a credit card comes with several potential dangers in India. Credit card fraud is a major concern since it is widespread in India. Hackers may get access to your card information and then use it to make unauthorized transactions or fund transfers. This can occur if you transact at a location that doesn’t take credit cards if you don’t utilize two-factor authentication, or both.
High loan rates are another potential problem. If you don’t pay your bill in full every month, the interest you accrue will rapidly become a charge if you don’t settle the debt within a year.
Some credit cards include extra perks for their users, such as travel insurance or roadside assistance, but these extras seldom prove worthwhile.
You May Also Like
Best Credit Cards in India 2023
Best Travel Credit Cards On 2023
Best Fuel Credit Cards in India 2023
Best Lifetime Free Credit Cards in India 2023
Best Business Travel Credit Cards for Startups In 2023
Best Credit Cards For Free Airport Lounge Access in India