Delhi Metro Launches ‘DMRC Travel’ App to Buy Mobile QR Tickets: All the Details
Getting tickets for the Delhi Metro no longer requires you to stand in a queue at the ticket booths or at the automatic token dispensing machine. Now that the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has released a smartphone app called ‘DMRC TRAVEL,’ it is possible to purchase metro tickets without leaving the convenience of your own home.
The software is designed to generate paperless online mobile QR tickets that can be used for travel on the DMRC’s network anywhere in Delhi and the National Capital Region (NCR). Metro riders in Delhi may now purchase their tickets for the Delhi Metro directly from their smartphones.
The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) recently introduced the DMRC Travel app, which is a specialized platform for the online purchase of metro tickets. This program allows users to avoid standing in long lines for actual tokens by creating a QR code, which can then be scanned at the entrance of the station after the user has passed through security checks. In addition, the software gives customers the ability to add money to their metro smart cards.
- The DMRC has revealed, through an official release, that the new DMRC Travel app is compatible with a variety of payment options. These methods include UPI, Credit Cards, Debit Cards, and e-Wallets. In addition to allowing users to purchase tickets, the app also offers functions geared toward passengers, such as a route planner, fare calculator, station information, and smart card recharge.
- Additionally, it offers information regarding routes, beginning at the origin and ending at the destination, as well as interchange stations. Utilizing the app, commuters can examine their transaction history, rebook tickets, and plan their return journeys.
- The ‘DMRC TRAVEL’ application will soon be available for download on the Android platform, which will be followed by the IOS platform soon. This will enable a wide variety of users to take advantage of the streamlined process of mobile QR ticketing. Downloading the app from the relevant app store is strongly recommended for passengers, who should then investigate the functions and advantages that it provides.
- DMRC carried out a mammoth technically challenging exercise of upgrading its AFC Gates, which were already in passenger services, on all of its corridors without shutting down these gates even for a single day in record time in order to provide such a user-friendly, cashless, and fast mode of ticket
- The entirety of the task was completed during the limited time that was available throughout the night after passenger services had ended. This was done in such a way that once passenger services restarted the following day; all of the gates would once again be functional for passengers to use. Over sixty percent of DMRC’s AFC gates have already been fitted with QR code scanners, and the remainder are scheduled to receive the same treatment within the next two to three months.
- With the launch of the ‘DMRC TRAVEL’ app, the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) intends to improve the overall commuter experience of passengers by delivering a cutting-edge and intuitive method of purchasing This effort is in line with DMRC’s goal to utilizing technology to improve the commuting experience of its valued passengers, and it aligns with that objective.
How to Use
With the introduction of this system Delhi metro travelers can now book tickets online with the new DMRC travel app: how to use it in detail: –
Step 1: The first thing you need to do is go to Google Play, search for the DMRC Travel app, and then download and install it on your mobile device.
Step 2: After downloading and installing the app, launch it and sign up for an account by using your Gmail or Facebook credentials.
Step 3: After you have successfully logged in, navigate to the app’s navigation bar and select the “Book Ticket” option.
Step 4: Enter the stations that you will be departing from and arriving at, then click the “Book Ticket” button. The app will provide the price, the number of stops, and the total travel time for the selected stations.
Step 5: Select the number of tickets that you want to purchase, then touch “Proceed to Booking.”
Step 6: Check the particulars of your transaction, including the origin and destination stations, the total number of tickets, and the overall price, in the sixth step of the process.
Step 7: Make the payment via the method that is most convenient for you.
After a successful transaction, the app will provide a mobile QR ticket. Commuters can use this Delhi Metro online ticket app at any moment while they are traveling to go through the Automatic Fare Collection gate and get in or out of the station.
The Benefits of Using the DMRC Travel App
In the past, the only way to book and recharge metro tokens was through the use of third-party apps. The benefits of Delhi Metro are it offers a number of advantages, including a lessening of the city’s air pollution, a lessening of the number of accidents, a lessening of the amount of traffic congestion, and savings in terms of fuel. The new DMRC app, on the other hand, makes the procedure more straightforward by enabling customers to book Delhi metro tickets online. Due to the fact that its primary function was to determine Delhi Metro routes and travel times between stations, the future of the app that is now available for unease on the Delhi Metro Rail remains unclear.
Can we travel in Delhi metro without a smart card?
Passengers can now buy mobile QR tickets or digital tickets directly from their smartphones using the DMRC app. This was not possible before. Following the completion of the transaction, a QR Code will be created, and passengers will need to display this QR Code on their mobile device in front of the scanners located at the AFC gates in order to enter and exit the stations.
How to travel in Delhi metro for free?
No, you cannot ride the Delhi Metro without first purchasing a ticket. This is not possible.
This New Delhi metro app also contains other features that are helpful to passengers, such as a trip planner, fare calculator, information about stations, and the ability to recharge smart cards.
Additionally, the app displays route information from the point of origin to the point of destination, including any interchange stations along the way. One has the ability to view the history of their transactions and rebook tickets for the same origin-destination and return travel.
In May of the previous year, 78% of commuters using DMRC used smart cards; as of right now, roughly 75% of passengers use smart cards, representing a minor increase from that percentage.
Before the COVID-19 pandemic, the percentage of people using smart cards was somewhere around 70 percent. Since the epidemic began, the DMRC has been working on a strategy to gradually eliminate the use of tokens.
You May Also Like:
Travel in Delhi Metro by Scanning The QR Code