Exploring Mysore: Best Places to Visit in Mysore in 2 Days 2023
Known as the ‘City of Palaces,’ Mysore is a hypnotic location in southern India. Mysore is a traveller’s paradise, renowned for its opulent palaces, verdant gardens, rich cultural legacy, and historical sites. This itinerary will take you through the must-see locations in Mysore if you only have two days to visit this lovely city.
Best Places to Visit in Mysore in 2 Days 2023
Day 1: Embrace the Heritage and History
- Morning: Mysore Palace: Your journey begins with a visit to the iconic Mysore Palace, one of the most famous landmarks in India. This stunning palace is a masterpiece of Indo-Saracenic architecture, adorned with intricate designs and colours. Explore the palace’s opulent interiors, grand halls, and the breathtaking Durbar Hall. Take advantage of the evening illumination when the court is beautifully lit up.
- Brunch: Mylari Dosa: Head to the bustling Devaraja Market for a delicious South Indian brunch at Mylari. The crispy, golden-brown dosas here are legendary and a must-try for any food enthusiast.
- Afternoon: Chamundi Hill: Take a short drive to Chamundi Hill after your satisfying meal. Climb the 1,000 steps to reach the Chamundeshwari Temple at the summit. The panoramic views of Mysore from the top are simply awe-inspiring. The temple is a place of devotion and a testament to the city’s spiritual side.
- Evening: Brindavan Gardens: As the day draws close, make your way to the Brindavan Gardens, just a short drive from the city. These gardens come alive in the evening with a mesmerizing musical fountain show. Stroll through beautifully landscaped gardens and enjoy the ethereal atmosphere.
Day 2: Nature, Art, and Culture
- Morning: Karanji Lake: Start your second day with a visit to Karanji Lake, a serene and picturesque spot at the base of Chamundi Hill. The lake is a haven for birdwatchers, and you can also visit the Karanji Nature Park adjacent to it.
- Lunch: RRR Restaurant: To taste authentic Karnataka cuisine, have lunch at RRR (Raghavendra Rao Refreshments) Restaurant. Their thali and bisibelebath are renowned for their delicious flavours.
- Afternoon: St. Philomena’s Church and Mysore Zoo: Discover the wonder of Neo-Gothic architecture that is St. Philomena’s Church. Next, proceed to the Mysore Zoo, among India’s oldest and best-kept zoos. See various creatures, such as exotic birds, reptiles, and large cats.
- Evening: Railway Museum and Shopping: Wrap up your Mysore adventure with a visit to the Railway Museum, which is perfect for train enthusiasts and families. Discover vintage locomotives, carriages, and interactive exhibits.
Before leaving Mysore, remember to shop for souvenirs. The Cauvery Handicrafts Emporium and the Devaraja Market are excellent places to pick up traditional Mysorean silk, sandalwood products, and exquisite handicrafts.
Mysore provides a satisfying experience even for a brief visit, thanks to its unique blend of natural beauty, history, and tradition. You may make the most of your time in this quaint city by following this 2-day plan. Every tourist may find something to enjoy in Mysore, from the quiet of Karanji Lake to the magnificence of the Mysore Palace. Arrange your travels, and get ready to be mesmerized by this “City of Palaces” rich cultural diversity.
Enchanting palaces, verdant gardens, and ancient sites may be found in Mysore. Here are some tips for making the most of your stay if you have two days to spare.
Day 1: Start with a visit to the magnificent Mysore Palace. Enjoy a delectable brunch at Mylari Dosa, then head to Chamundi Hill for panoramic views. End your day with a visit to Brindavan Gardens and its enchanting musical fountain.
Day 2: Begin with a visit to the serene Karanji Lake and Nature Park. Enjoy a traditional Karnataka meal at RRR Restaurant. Explore St. Philomena’s Church and Mysore Zoo in the afternoon. End your trip by visiting the Railway Museum and shopping for souvenirs.
Mysore offers a blend of heritage, history, and natural beauty, making it a perfect destination for a short visit. Plan your trip and get ready to be enchanted by the ‘City of Palaces.’
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I travel to Mysore?
Mysore is well connected by road, rail, and air. You can reach Mysore by train, bus, or the nearest Bangalore airport.
2. Are there any cultural events in Mysore worth attending?
Mysore Dasara is a grand 10-day festival celebrated with cultural programs, processions, and more.
3. Is two days enough to explore Mysore?
While two days allow you to cover the major attractions, Mysore has much more to offer. Extending your stay is recommended for a more relaxed experience.